CITY LIFE is not taking registrations for Summer 2021 at this time.
Have fun with friends while exploring different City of Chicago neighborhoods – and gain meaningful life skillsets and give back to the community at the same time!
Leadership Skills: Communication, Public Speaking, Constructive Feedback
Life Skills: Cooking, Financial Literacy, Interviewing Skills, Public Transportation & Ride Sharing Safety
Mentorship: Meet with High School Student Activity Directors, high school Juniors & Seniors
Mitzvah Day: Giving back to the community
Using Chicago’s Resources: Navigating the CTA
Who is City LIFE for?
Not only will city kids enjoy this program, suburban 7th-9th graders will too! It’s a great opportunity for them to become more familiar with the city and feel comfortable taking advantage of all it has to offer. Transportation will be available from Northbrook.
Dates & Times
Session 1 I 1 Week I July 12 – July 16
Session 2 I 1 Week I July 19 – July 23
9:30am – 3:15pm
Where’s Our Home Base?
Walter Payton College Prep
1034 N. Wells St., Chicago
FUN ACTIVITIES WITH FRIENDS!
• The Second City improv class to practice public speaking
• Michigan Avenue scavenger hunt to learn how to use the CTA
• Whole Foods Market cooking class
• And more!
• Basic Cooking Skills
• Public Safety
• The Second City Improv Workshop
• Shark Tank Activity
• Team Building: Activities & Games
• Time Management & Goal Setting
• Intro to High School Extracurricular Activities
• Whole Foods Market Cooking Class
• How to Get a Part-Time Job & Financial Literacy
• Self-Defense Class
• Human Bingo
• Michigan Avenue Scavenger Hunt
• Mitzvah Day
• Team Building: Ropes Course
• High School Peer Conversations
• Team Building Activities
Session 1 | 1 Wk
Session 2 | 1 Wk
City and Suburban Round trip busing available to/from Walter Payton College Prep. Buses are driven by licensed, professional drivers and supervised by Apachi staff.
Cost is $125 roundtrip per week.
In the City
We have bus routes from several neighborhoods on the city’s north side and downtown. Our bus stops are “cluster stops” for groups, not individual stops. We try to make the cluster stops convenient as well as safe and efficient.