2021 Safety Measures:
Smaller Group Size
• 10-14 campers per group
• Social distanced between other groups
• Daily Screening: Prior to dropping your camper off at a bus stop or carpool line, parents or guardians will need to complete a daily screening form that the camp will provide.
• Campers and staff will wear face coverings during the camp day whether indoors or outdoors, unless…
– Playing a game outdoors and 6 feet apart
– Eating lunch or snack
– During swimming or water play
• Face coverings must be properly worn over the nose and mouth.
• Campers and staff will hand sanitize between every activity and handwash before and after lunch.
• When reapplying sunscreen, staff will sanitize before and after helping a camper.
• Staff will wear gloves when passing out food to campers during lunch and snack.
• Majority of the camp activities will take place outdoors.
• When indoors, depending upon the facility, windows and doors will be open as necessary, and air filters will be employed where available.
• Maintenance staff will sanitize high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
• A deep clean of the indoor spaces will take place at the end of every day.
Programming Safety Measures
Each campsite will differ upon their facilities and program offerings, so please talk to your Camp Director for more information.
• Campers will be pre-assigned seats.
• Windows will be down for proper ventilation.
• Face coverings will be required throughout the duration of the bus ride.
• Campers and bus staff will be screened prior to entering the bus.
• Buses will be properly sanitized between bus routes.
• Limited groups will be in the pool at the same time.
• Counselors and Aquatics staff will wear protective gear as necessary. based upon their role and distance from the campers.
• Locker rooms will be properly sanitized in between the different groups.
• Campers will be tested for swim skills the first week to ensure safety in the pool.
• Swimming Goals:
– Juniors and Explorers: swim safety and getting acclimated back to the water.
– Trailblazers and Pioneers: free swim
• Campers will be placed within their age groups and social distanced from others.
• Face coverings will be worn at all times.
• Extended Care will take place outdoors. If it rains, your Camp Director will contact you regarding your camp’s rain plan.
Apachi Directors are in constant communication with our partners to provide a safe environment for our campers.